Thursday, March 19, 2009

Share and Voice 5: Environmental Injustice in Chester

Hey Everyone! Hope Spring Break is going well for you all.

I’ve been reading a lot about environmental injustice since is a topic I just learned about. This topic interests me because it opened my eyes to something I never thought was happening anywhere. I stumbled across this video about environmental justice in Chester, Indiana. It's a similar to “Green”; it is a little bit long but interesting. I wanted to share it because I didn’t realize there was environmental injustice happening around so many places in the US. It was another eye-opener for me.



Thanks for watching! See you all next week!

2 comments:

  1. Valerie, this is an amazing video that really highlights some of the core issues surrounding environmental injustice. Another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Valerie, you really have an eye for great videos. This video really demonstrates environmental racism. I cannot believe how many waste plants they have in Chester. I also did not know that states can send their waste to other states. I think that that is just WRONG! I honestly have no words to react to this video. I feel really bad for the people that live in areas like this, and I am just defeated for them. I am so glad that they aren't defeated, and that they are standing up for their lives. This video was very powerful, great job!

    ReplyDelete