Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Advocacy Project: Letter to Public Official

April 28, 2009
Senator Amy Klobuchar
U.S. Senate
302 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Senator Klobuchar,

I am writing to you because I am concerned about the poor health care services faced in this country. I am truly concerned about the number of people who don’t have access to quality heath care and those that aren't cared for well. I hope that our nation will improve access to comprehensive, high-quality health care services for all, not just those who can afford it. I think low income and disabled individuals deserve the same quality health care as the higher-income individuals. Senator Linda Berglin proposed the bill S.F. No. 2 - Health Care on February 28th 2007 regarding this issue. This bill requires that all hospitals and health care providers must have in place an interoperable electronic health records system in place by January 1, 2015, and that the Health Information Technology and Infrastructure Advisory Committee shall develop a statewide plan to meet this goal, including uniform standards for the interoperable system. This new technology would lead to more accessible health info among nurses and doctors benefiting the patient with better heath services.
I hope that you vote “yes” to S.F. No 2- Health Care bill. Many members of our society are in need of better health care to live with less worries since good health is so important to all. With your help, many lives will be touched in great ways.

Sincerely,

Valerie Voufack

4 comments:

  1. This has a nice personal touch to it. It made me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great letter Valerie! I really hope that this bill gets passed. Equal health coverage is so important! I agree that it really isn't fair that lower income people and disabled people are less likely to be covered. This needs to change. I think that this new technology sounds really interesting, and I feel that it will make a BIG difference in our current health system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Valerie, you seemed truely concerned about this issue as we all should be. It's not fair that some people don't have health care just beacuse their pay checks aren't big enough. I hope your bill gets passed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES! I agree! Switching to an interoperability health system will greatly benefit the way we deliver health care to everyone. My bill includes the implementation of interoperability so good to know others see the need for chance in health information technology. I would sign this bill if I were the senator.

    ReplyDelete