Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activities

Final hello to the "BKNVS^2" group members ;). (stands for Brenda's Environmental Health, Keeping it Green with Shannon, Noah's Greenlicious Environmental, Valerie the Spring Girl, Samantha Running with the Wild, and last but not least Sara H's Safe Environment).

Here's a brief description on our last hands-on class activity....

Sara H's activity:

Sara's activity was a quiz called "Quit Smoking". The quiz was a series of 10 questions that discussed the bad health effects linked with smoking. I scored 80/100 points. I think it was very informative and interesting to read over the facts even though some are basically "preached" by health educators. Good work Sara! Great job overall in the class, it was a pleasure being in the same group as you.

Samantha's activity:
Nice job Samantha; I think it's great that the test was designed in a way that we had to repeat wrong answers until we figured it out. Good job not allowing us to quit! :).....Overall I thought the info was legit, and "Kid's Quiz" could be played by anyone just for fun not just for kids; I think. Nice work overall with your project. You seem to be very into the whole "Keep Our Kids Healthy" challenge, and I think it's great. Keep working hard; it was a fun having you as part of my group.

Shannon's activity:
I think your activity was great, it took me a "second time around" to figure it out. It was fun, and it reminds me of the game I play on my cellphone all the time. It was very simple, yet nice to hear that "bip" sound whenever I figured out about the matching group of fruits. Nice work Shannon, and also it was nice having you as a group member. Way to go on your overall Advocacy Project. :)!

Noah's activity:
I didn't get a chance to play your activity because I encountered computer problems. I am sure it would've been a great CrossWord Puzzle. Anyways great job with your project, nice focus...;). It was fun working with you in a group.

Have a GREAT SUMMER you all.......

2 comments:

  1. Hey Valerie, I like your abbreviation for our web group!! You described our activites very well and it sounds like you enjoyed them which is good! It was nice having you in my web group as well, you did a great job this semster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found the abbreviation of our web group very creative. You did a great job summarizing all of our activities! I really loved how you ended each summary by saying that you enjoyed being in our web group. That was really sweet of you! I also enjoyed being in your web group. You really did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete