Friday, February 13, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 3 & 4

Hey everyone!

During the third of I finally started getting the hang of blogging; having spent hours at Dr. V’s office. So thanks Dr. V! I finally learned how to post a blog, add pictures/links and comment on others. I was very excited to learn all these because I never thought I would get the hang of them. Though I am still at a basic stage with blogging, I am glad I learned how to something that’s going to be of great use for me in the future and also for the environment. I’m hoping to get more creative with it! I am even thinking about do having a few friends create one. It’s a very good tool for communication and it is fun and colorful, and more creative that my web-source communication right now I think. In week three we discussed chapter one of the book on “The Chanlenges We Face”, it was basically an introduction on the earth’s condition and what’s going on around the globe. We also talked about article 27 in the book “Knowing and Saving the Enverironment on Film”; which was basically focused on choosing the right documentary on environmental topics, and what’s hidden from documentaries for marketing and entertainment sake.


I found week four was very interesting; we finished watching the film "An Inconvenient Truth", a documentary by Al Gore. It was a documentary to raise awareness about global warming. It was a very long movie but it worth every minute; I was very drawn by the facts. It was really touching, and Al Gore had a very sincere tone. I was astonished by the research of this film. I liked how we made it personal; it could’ve been just a piece that poured all the facts about global, but it was filmed in a sense where pretty much everyone could relate to it. I've always had doubts but,I think I am officially convinced about global warming; I was even thinking doing a research paper on it for my writing class. Unfortunately it's too broad. Overall weeks 3 and 4 were very educational; I learned a great deal of things and some eye openers about our environment and what we could do to save it. I am hoping to become more conscious about my environmental daily choices; for instance leaving the light in my room before I head out to school just because I am in a rush, due to the fact that I don’t get a bill in the mail since I live on campus and already paid for it anyways.

~Val~

7 comments:

  1. nice post....come visit me and get a complete ebooks list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valerie!

    Glad to hear you're getting the hang of blogging! From the looks of it, you're becoming quite good because your page looks great! I also like the picture you used lol. I also thought Al Gore had a sincere tone. I never knew he was such a powerful speaker! Well good job, and seeya in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Valerie!!! I also found weeks three and four very educational. I really enjoyed watching "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore. I was also really impressed by all of the research that went into this documentary. Wow! I am glad that you are starting to get a hang of blogging. I think that I am as well! I really like that you include pictures in all of your blogs. I think I am going to try to start doing that. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good post! I agree with so many of the things you said, mostly the one about the movie "An Inconvenient Truth", and how Al Gore did a nice job at relating so many of the issues to all of us on an every day level. I also have to agree with you in that I am now a believer in global warming, and am becoming more and more aware of my actions everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks great! Very colorful and fun! I think its a good idea to get other friends into blogging too I like it better than some of the other communications tools we have now too. I enjoyed Al Gore's film as well, it was easy to follow along and had a lot of information I never knew before. Great post, keep it up!! P.s I love your pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice on your picture. Its pretty funny even though global warming is not. Good to know that you are getting a hang of this whole blogging thing. It got everyone a little mixed up at first. An Inconvenient Truth was very educational. I wish there were a couple more Al Gore's around to push this movement of global warming. Nice blogging Valerie!

    ReplyDelete