Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Share and Voice: Going Green By Switching to Wireless!


Hey Everyone!
I have been living on campus at UMD for two years now. We don't have wireless in the apartments or dorms; we have to buy ethernet cables to connect to the internet. In the past two years I've bought 3 ethernet cables just because the tip keeps breaking. Fortunately this year I got room that somehow receives wireless, and it got me thinking going wireless would definetely save all that plastic wasted for ethernet cables.

It would probably be costly for UMD but I think it would be a great idea.


Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I guess I never thought about all of the plastic that is wasted from all of the ethernet cables. I also had to buy more than one freshman year, and now they are just sitting in a box. What a waste! I agree that changing to wireless may be costly to UMD, but hey, they are getting more than enough of our money, so I think that they can handle making this change. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how did you go through all those cords? I have mine from 4 years ago...crazy!
    Well, I'm glad you found a way to get the internet and help the environment! Good Post, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete